- NewPhone Wireless is one of the leading government program providers and they claim to always put customer satisfaction first.
- NewPhone has over 1 million customers and over 10 years of experience.
- As NewPhone Wireless truly understands the importance of connectivity, they are the first provider to offer free phones to customers.
- With NewPhone you will get a premium device, such as iPhone 6s, Samsung Galaxy S7, and more.
- NewPhone’s services include unlimited talk and text, as well as unlimited data.
- NewPhone offers customers a nationwide network, which is available all throughout the U.S. territory.
A person or household is eligible for NewPhone’s assistance program and a free cell phone if they meet one (or more) of the following criteria:
- Has an income below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participated in certain assistance programs, such as
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers in 2020.
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or Covid-19 program.
You can find out more about the requirements at newphone.com/news/emergency-broadband-benefit/who-is-eligible-for-the-emergency-broadband-benefit-program.
Read one of our past articles How To Get Sky Devices Government Phone
What Documents Are Required for The NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone
During the application process, you may be required to provide certain documents that verify your identity and prove your eligibility.
The documents that you might have to provide to verify your identity include:
- Driver’s license
- Social security number
- State ID card
- Taxpayer Identification Number (individual) with name and date of birth
The documents that you may be required to provide in order to prove your eligibility include:
- A document that proves that you (or another member of your household) are a Pell Grant recipient for the current academic year.
- Current income statement
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Free or reduced school meal award letter
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Recent Tribal TANF letter or card. Current BIA card
- Tax return in 2019 or 2020
- Unemployment statements
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Other documents that prove that your household income is 135% or less than federal poverty guidelines.
- Other documents that prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program.
Note: Make sure to only provide copies of the documents, which you can make using a copy machine, scanner, a camera, or a smartphone, and to never ever provide original documents.
How to Apply for A NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone
Applying for the NewPhone’s assistance program and receiving the benefits (including the free cell phone) is simple. All you have to do is to follow the easy steps below.
- Step 1: Apply online. Visit
newphone.com. At the top of the page, you will see two boxes under the headline saying ‘Apply for 4G/5G LTE Free Smartphone Now’ requiring you to fill in your ZIP code and email address. Fill in the information and press ‘Sign up now’. During the application process, you will be required to provide certain information and attach certain documents that may prove your EBB or Lifeline eligibility. The process will take as little as 5 minutes and you can apply from the comfort of your own home.
- Step 2: Once you have applied, all of the provided data and proofs will be verified through the government’s secure system. Your documents are always guaranteed to be confidential.
- Step 3: Once your application is approved (which will happen as long as you are EBB or Lifeline eligible), you will receive the monthly service discount and a free phone. Expect to receive the free phone within 7-10 business days. The shipping is completely free of charge.
What Other Benefits Does NewPhone Wireless Lifeline Offer
NewPhone Wireless Lifeline program offers numerous benefits, which are valued at $750 a year. The immediate benefits include:
- A free 4G/5G LTE smartphone. Expect to receive a premium device, such as an iPhone 6s, a Samsung Galaxy S7, or another similarly great cell phone. Note: Only customers registered with NewPhone can receive this benefit.
- Unlimited monthly talk and text.
- Unlimited monthly data.
These benefits will result in a number of other benefits, such as:
- The ability to afford internet service even if you have a low income or are unemployed.
- The ability to stay connected with friends, family members, and other loved ones.
- The ability to stay in touch with work and/or to seek out better job opportunities.
- The ability to attend online classes and to pursue online education.
- The ability to stay in touch with emergency services in case you need them.
How Do I Activate My NewPhone Free Phone?
You can activate your NewPhone free cell phone with 1 easy step!
Simply make an activation call. Use your free phone to call 611. Once you do, press option ‘3’. After doing so, you will receive a message saying that your NewPhone device has been successfully activated. As soon as you receive this confirmation message, you can begin to use your NewPhone device.